Monday, January 18, 2010

Day Eighteen - Ginger

A year ago, on my daughter's birthday... we adopted Ginger. We only know that she was found in Richmond, CA... that she had recently had a litter of puppies, and that she had subsequently been abandoned. A dogwalker found her, filthy and starving and took her in. Her landlady... a good woman of my acquaintance showed me pictures of the little girl and once I showed them to our family... well... we were hooked. How could we NOT give the poor little thing a home. she was just a pup-pup after all... what evil could she have done that would have resulted in her not having a home?

It's been a long year of hard work and retraining to convince our little gal that no one is going to abandon her again, or visit any sort of harm upon her. She has finally learned that our neighbors are friends and has learned that the potty... is outside. ;) She's a great little dog and we're all so glad that she's become a part of our family.

so here's me going to lounge in the big ol' pile of pillows with my ds and my dog. g'night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment