Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day Three


Today... was increadibly busy...

Ensuring that all of the children's needs are met, especially on a day at the end of a long holiday with a school day looming, usually means not getting a chance to sit down and work on my own projects until after the sun has gone down. As I am not feeling inspired to experiment with light tonight, I decided instead to edit one of the thousands of photos that reside on my computer but has, of yet, not been displayed or shared due to lack of editing.

today's offering was actually taken about a month or so back here in San Francisco at the Museum of Natural Science. The resident butterflies rewarded us for out spiraling trek up to the top of the bio-dome by letting me creep close with my camera.

I normally strive for a very natural photo, hoping to edit as little (if as all) as possible. However, tonight I endeavored for artistically edit the photo marginally so as to highlight the radiance of the insects wings. Only a tiny adjustment to the curves was necessary, causing the yellow in the butterfly's wings to almost glow from within, almost perfectly recreating the beauty of the insect as we saw it that day.


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Thanks! Hee...I didn't know I'd get comments! Next time you visit San Fran I will take you to the park!

    ReplyDelete