Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day Twenty-five - ThaiDeco

Over the past summer, by boyfriend and his son constructed a wonderful 'dining temple' for our living room. Our current decorating theme has taken a world travelor flair and our living room theme was inevitably Thai after finding a beautiful antique, hand carved, Thai table in the window of a little shop down the street. Adorning the front of our magnificent loft, is a set of panels which, when assembled, form a giant curving arch of swirling and spiraling leafy shapes.

It's really something else... especially when backlit... as it was when I started taking pictures of it. :D

3 comments:

  1. When I lived in Thailand growing up, we had this giant coffee table my mom bought from the country store in rural north Chiengmai. It had elephants carved into it. Of course I used to stand on it and dance and my mom would kick my butt. Now I understand. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kanika...you need to see the table in our living room... it it completely carved and the central image if of two elephants head to head....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a sweet little screen that our Indian friends gave us when we were in Kashmir, i keep meaning to get it permanently fixed up with a backlight and haven't - send us a pick of the whole thing together?

    ReplyDelete